Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Decorating a Haunted House

So, for one of my first contributions to this blog I am going to waggle my finger at someone I actually know. To save him from certain ridicule, I will not mention names.

Now, said individual has very specific taste, which does not have to be a bad thing...I too am guilty of this. However, if you are not a vampire, mortician or work at Disneyland, do you really need to decorate your house like it's haunted??? The person I am referring to recently posted the images below on a very public website, and he seems to be quite proud of these acquisitions....oh my.

Let's start with the lamp surrounded by corpses....I really do hope for his sake this photo was a joke, but it does demonstrate some very questionable taste...I am loving the hanging crystals on the base of this lamp...they really add....something....


The lamp photo is preceded by the sofa shown below, which he actually did mention that he purchased, and intends to place in his home...wow. Somehow I don't think he realizes that this sofa is quite Victorian...and he is not very Victorian at all... Loving the matching ottoman with whatever those emblem embellishments are. Oooh and the fringe around the base...love it! (please note the sarcastic tone.)


No comments:

Post a Comment